If you think that a carrot-based dessert can’t compete with other cakes, well you’re wrong. A mixture of grated carrots, chopped walnuts, raw cane sugar and cinnamon spice give it an intense scent and a moist texture. It is very likely that after having tried the carrot cake for the first time it could be one of your favorite desserts.
for 20 cm round cake pan to obtain 3 layers of cake
For the dough:
- 300 grams of flour
- 300 grams of fresh carrots (weighed raw)
- 240 gr of sunflower oil
- 230 grams of raw cane sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 100 gr of walnuts
- 1 heaped teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
For the cheese filling:
- 100 gr of butter
- 200 grams of powdered sugar
- 450 gr of Philadelphia
1) Separately whip the eggs with the brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until you obtain a fluffy and soft mixture. Add gradually the sunflower oil while whipping.
2) Add the carrot and walnuts to the egg mixture, mixing from bottom to top carefully.
3) Pour the mixture into a previously greased and floured cake pan.
4) Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 45 minutes.
5) Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove it from the pan and let it rest for 3-4 hours.
Fill and glaze the carrot cake
1) Before proceeding with the filling make sure enough time is past, the base should be solid and compact. Whip the philadelphia, powdered sugar, vanilla and the soft butter with an electric mixer until the mixture is creamy and free of lumps.
2) Cut the cake into 3 layers of about 2 cm each and start the filling with the cheese glaze.
3) Finally, decorate the cake with the dried tangerine peel or walnuts.
Filling my carrot cake with cheese frosting