There are many apple pie recipes but the Bolzano one is beyond competition ❤️
Whenever I want to cook something simple and tasty at the same time, I prepare this delicious apple pie, the recipe of which is borrowed from the Bolzano province in the Trentino Alto Adige region of Italy. Its peculiarity consists in a very little dough and a lot of apples so the crunchy crust contrasts divinely with the delicate base. The aroma that comes out from the oven is so irresistible, if you love apple-based desserts you can not miss this one.
(cake pan with opening circle with a diameter of 24 cm)
• 125 grams of sugar
• 1 yolk and 1 egg
• lemon zest
• 1 pack of vanillin
• 75 gr of cold melted butter
• 55 grams of flour
• 1 teaspoon of yeast
• 90 ml of milk
• 4 granny smith apples
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat or in the microwave and let it cool.
2. In a bowl beat with electric whisk the egg and yolk, sugar and vanillin until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
3. Add the cold melted butter and mix well. Add the milk, the sifted flour, the yeast, the lemon zest and mix everything carefully.
4. Wash and peel the apples. Cut them into thin slices. Now add the chopped apples to the mixture and mix them.5. Line the bottom of a 24 cm round baking dish with baking paper (I recommend that you do this because the mixture is quite liquid)
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for about 50/55 minutes, let it cool and unmold.
💡 Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla or caramel ice cream 😉