Italians cannot be taken away from their cooking skills, because they can cook even the most common vegetables with extraordinary delicacy. The secret, of course, is the right combination of sauces, seasonings and ingredients.
Living in Italy and trying the real cuisine of Italian mistresses, you realize that for Italians to serve a meat or fish dish pasta or rice is simply excluded (in Italy, pasta and risotto are considered to be the “first”, individual dishes). Taking some of the recipes from the Italian hosts, I started to introduce them often into my diet. The most important thing is that they are easy to prepare, do not require sophisticated products and are very tasty and useful, which allows you to stick to a healthy body and spirit. We are talking about three side dishes, which will look perfect for both everyday meals and festive events.
Parmigiana The most popular dish of Neapolitan cuisine. It is an excellent combination of useful aubergines and Italian cheeses: mozzarella and parmesan (due to the high cost of imported cheeses, you can easily replace Italian cheeses with domestic ones).
1.5 kg of eggplant,
turnip ½ several
basilica cheese sheets,
parmesan (or any other hard cheese) 150 kg of
oil, several spoonfuls of
(to taste, taking into account the salinity of parmesan),
cheese (preferably spicy to taste, or any favorite cheese) 500g1
kg of tomato or tomato sauce,
1) Pour a little bit of olive oil into a heated pan, add garlic and onions and fry for a few minutes.
Add tomato paste (or peeled tomatoes that have to be stewed to a soft state). Season with salt and pepper to taste. When the sauce thickens, add the basil leaves and turn off the fire.
2) Slice thin cheese plates.
3) Rinse and peel eggplant and cut along 1 cm thick.
For softness, I usually “squeeze” eggplants with my hands, as they absorb much less oil when fried. To fry a couple of minutes of eggplant on both sides, salting to taste. (If you have a non-stick pan, you can fry the aubergines by adding water instead of oil.)
4) Heat the oven and lubricate the olive oil dish.
Place layers of ingredients in alternating eggplants, tomato sauce and cheese. Repeat this a few times and sprinkle cheese on top.
5) Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes in an oven at 200°, then remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes until the dish is covered with a fragrant, golden crust. Serve hot or cold.
Enjoy your meal!
You can store the ready meal for 1-2 days in the fridge, covering it with polyethylene film.
Which is very convenient, you can also freeze the ready meal in the freezer in portions.
2) Aromatic zucchini with a touch of fresh mint
Le zucchine alla menta is an excellent dish as a side dish, especially in summer.
Ingredients for two or three servings:
5 medium zucchinid
bundles of peppermint head
1) Wash and dry the zucchini. Cut the zucchini lengthwise and then cut it thick enough (at least half a centimetre thick) in half rings.
2) Boil the zucchini in salt water for ten minutes until they become soft. (Don’t digest them, the zucchini should stay hard and crispy.)3) In the meantime, prepare a dressing: finely chop mint, add olive oil (5-6 spoons), a pinch of salt and a head of garlic.
4) Drain the water from the zucchini and place it in deep dishes. Take the garlic out of the gas station and water it with zucchini, mix it carefully. Let them infuse themselves with the scent of fresh mint for at least an hour. Perfect garnish for meat and cheese dishes.
Serve chilled or warm. Enjoy your meal!
3) Carrots with balsamic vinegar and parmesa
n Elegant, but very simple garnish, which will fit well with any hot meat dish. This dish is worth tasting, it is very common in Italian cuisine. It would seem to be a simple carrot, but in the most expensive restaurant you will be served in addition to fish or meat it is. The main thing is that the carrot is young, and many of the flavors of the dish depend on it.
400 г. Carrots20
ml of balsamic vinegar2
tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese (can be replaced with any domestic hard cheese)
1 bundle of parsley salt
1) Clean the carrot from the peel, wash and boil in salt water for about 5 minutes. Drain the water.
2) Melt the butter in a separate pan, add the sliced carrots and fry over medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add salt and add the balsamic vinegar, wait until it evaporates and turn off the heat.
3) Place the carrots in a baking tray, sprinkle them with cheese and send to a heated oven for up to 200° for 5 minutes. Decorate the ready meal with dill and parmesan. Enjoy your meal!