One of the worldwide leading events in the world of fashion and pret-à-porter – Milan Fashion Week 2020 – will take place in Milan from February 18th to February 24th 2020. For one week Milan will literally become a podium where the best fashion brands in the world will present their latest collections.
Particular attention will be given to China, which is going through a difficult period. Thus, the Fashion Hub, first organized at “La Permanente”, will become the stage for the presentation of the project “China, we are with you”.
The President of the Italian National Fashion Chamber has already determined the calendar of Milan Women’s Fashion Week. You can see the complete schedule on the official website. The Fashion Week will open with Alberta Ferretti, Gucci and Moncler shows.
On February 20, models at the Genny show will stage a catwalk on stairs of the Arengario in Duomo square, and at the end of the day we will learn about the fall-winter trends for 2021 from Fendi and Moschino.
Not only Fashion Show
As you know, Fashion Week promises not only fashion shows but also a lot of various events: parades, showcases, presentations and site-specific events revolving around some of the most important locations in Milan. What not to miss during Milan Fashion Week:
- The exhibition “Memos – A proposito della moda in questo millennio” at the Poldi Pezzoli Museum from February 21 to May 4.
- “Milano Fashion Week – Bombay Gin Tonic” – in honor of the opening of Milan Fashion Week, an exclusive Bombay Gin Tonic party is organized with a dj set and a buffet table in a unique atmosphere. Wednesday February 19th, entry + 2 drinks: 15 euros. Admission is only by accreditation, write to [email protected]
- Multimedia installation of Harper’s Bazar Italy on Piazza Meda. From February 18 to February 24, admission is free.
- Marie Claire Unplugged is a multimedia photo exhibition dedicated to music. From February 18 to 24 along the via della Spiga, admission is free.
- Workshop on fashion design. On Thursday February 20 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Fashion Technology Accelerator Srl on Vincenzo Forcella 13. Admission is free until empty seats run out.
How to get in and what to see during Milan Fashion Week?
Please note that access to the events is generally reserved to press members, celebrities, buyers and professionals in the fashion industry and require an official invitation from the various designers and brands. Unfortunately there are not tickets that allow access to the most coveted fashion shows. It is not easy to receive a personal invitation to Milan Fashion Week if you are not a well-known journalist or VIP person.
Journalists and bloggers who want to get an invitation just need to go to the official website, then download and fill out the “press accreditation form” in the “press” section .
How do you feel about trends?