Among the cold appetizers, this dish is very popular not only in Italy, but all over the world. Red tomato, green basil and white mozzarella – these three simple ingredients conquered the world with their harmonious combination. Tonight we’ll meet the Italian Caprese salad. The most picturesque island of Capri is considered to be the homeland of Caprese, which has become a symbol of Mediterranean cuisine. This three-color dish is one of the most popular Italian appetizers in the summer, and its popularity is comparable to that of Olivier in Russia.
Italian Caprese salad
Cooking Caprese at home is ingeniously easy, the main thing is to choose the freshest and highest quality ingredients.
For 4 people, we’ll need the following ingredients:
- Big tomatoes – 4 pcs.
- A bunch of fresh basil
- Mozzarella from the buffalo, 300 grams
- Extravergine olive oil – 6 spoons
- pepper, salt to taste
Cut red tomatoes into rings and place them on a dish, then add the cut mozzarella. We will decorate everything with fresh basil, season it with pepper and salt to taste, spray it all with olive oil of the highest quality of cold pressing. Here’s our salad and ready!
It is indeed very tasty and simple, the ingredients are perfectly matched and complement each other.
We are inspired by the 9 variants of how to serve Caprese beautifully:
1. The traditional way, sliced into round pieces and laid out alternately mozzarella and tomato.
2. An unusual version of caprese in green with green tomatoes.
3. Caprese in the form of a turret, laying out layers of ingredients.
4. Serve on skewers using mini mozzarella and cherry tomatoes.
5. Mixed ingredients in saucers or transparent moulds.
6. Mini snack for an aperitif.
7. As a filling for a sandwich.
8. On the rotisserie skewers, fried for a few minutes on fire for taste.
9. By placing the caprese on the bruschetta, you get the perfect picnic dish.
Well, it’s time to experiment with the Italians’ favorite players.)